Krista Kaufmann, CDFA®
In a system designed to position people as rivals, Krista is committed to shifting the way people experience the divorce process. Her excellent problem-solving skills and empathetic nature fuse together to give you a firm, yet kind, mediation experience.
She has successfully mediated with hundreds of clients, carefully navigating financial disentanglement, creating child-focused parenting plans and crafting meaningful settlements. Krista has worked with families in transition her entire career. Her unique background in family law and systems along with certifications in mediation and divorce finance, serve the work she loves quite well.
In early 2013, Krista left a distinguished Denver family law firm where she specialized in managing high profile, complex family law litigation matters for members of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers™. As a senior paralegal, senior mediator, CFP ® candidate and a Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA®), Krista is uniquely suited to help people create resolutions in divorce. Krista understands the high cost, destructive tactics and financial consequences of divorce litigation, which fuels her commitment to providing a neutral environment to explore resolution.
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Foundations of Law; MSU Denver
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®); Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Certified Financial Planner CFP® Candidate; American College/MSU Denver
- Mares-Dixon Mediation Training Certificate of Completion
- Youth Development Certification; University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Law Office of Stephen J. Harhai
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
- Department of Youth and Family Services, State of Wisconsin/Outagamie County
- Owner, LogicalParalegal|Capable Beings Assisting Lawyers
- Owner, Method Mediation|Communicate. Compromise. Shift.
- Mediation Association of Colorado
- Institute of Divorce Financial Planners
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- Colorado Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association
- Arvada Chamber of Commerce
- American Bar Association| Dispute Resolution & Family Law Sections